Academy MemberMap & Directions
- SAN FRANCISCO-OAKLAND
Tom Reese is a full time neutral who has been mediating and arbitrating since 1988, becoming full time in 1993. He is on the panels of FINRA; the United States Postal Service; the Kaiser Permanente Panel of Neutrals; the US District Court, First District; California First Appellate District, and the Superior Courts for San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
He is a fellow in the College of Commercial Arbitrators; past President of the California Dispute Resolution Council; past appointed member of the State Bar Standing ADR Committee; member and presenter of the ABA Dispute Resolution Section, member of The Mediation Society.
Tom trained at the Harvard Law School mediation workshop; AAA mediation training; US District Court ENE, mediation, and arbitration training; AAA International Commercial training; First District Court of Appeal training; NASD advanced and chairperson training; and the US Postal Service Redress training.
His neutral practice experience is primarily in the areas of estate distribution (often appointed as a Referee by the Probate Court), personal injury and property damage, real estate and construction, insurance coverage and "Silicon Valley" type commercial disputes.
- Banking & Finance
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- JD (LLB) Stanford Law School
- MA International Economics; Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts/Harvard
- BA Occidental College
Memberships & Affiliations
- Immediate Past President California Dispute Resolution Council
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators
- Appointed Member, California State Bar's Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, American Bar Association
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections, Exec. Bd., San Mateo and Santa Clara County Bar Associations
- The Mediation Society
- California State Bar
- A V Martindale Hubbell rating
$350 per hour, usually shared by the parties