Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, TexasOther ADR Services: Discovery Referee, Insurance Umpire, Special Master
- SAN FRANCISCO-OAKLAND
Bruce A. Edwards, Esq. is one of JAMS founding partners and most experienced attorney mediators. Mr. Edwards has served as a mediator, arbitrator, and special master since 1986.
He is frequently called upon to handle large-scale construction disputes, engineering and infrastructure disputes, mechanics lien claims, and delay claims around the country. He has successfully resolved large commercial and public works projects involving hundreds of millions of dollars, as well as a wide range of civil/commercial disputes over his career.
Mr. Edwards has mediated and arbitrated over 4,500 cases nationwide primarily focusing on large construction disputes and questions of breach of contract, defect, cost overrun, delay/disruption, and insurance issues – including OCIP, CCIP, and wrap policies – as well as indemnity, coverage, and overlapping coverage. He has successfully resolved and arbitrated numerous commercial and public works projects and construction disputes involving state office buildings, airport parking structures, high-rise resort hotels and condominiums, dams, public housing projects, municipal sports stadiums, and federal highway projects.
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- J. D., Hastings College of Law, 1981
- B.A., Psychology, University of California, Davis, 1978
Memberships & Affiliations
- Recognized as a leading practitioner, Alternative Dispute Resolution Category, Who's Who Legal: California, 2014-2015 Recognized as "San Francisco Mediation Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- Recognized as a "Best Lawyer, Alternative Dispute Resolution Category," Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2015
- Recognized as Top California Neutral, Daily Journal, 2011-2013
- Recipient, Jerrold S. Oliver Award of Excellence presented at West Coast Casualty Construction Conference for outstanding contribution to the construction community, 2007
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution
- Presenter, Private Commercial Mediation Conclave, Bangalore, India, 2015
- Adjunct Professor, Advanced Mediation, Mediation Process Design, and Ethics in Mediation, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law in California, Vermont, Hawaii, (1994-Present)
- Adjunct Professor, Partnering, and Construction Mediation, Summer School on Business Mediation, Admont, Austria (2002-Present)
Please call JAMS office for details - (415) 982-5267