- LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY
Mr. Ashworth was a founding member of Smith & Ashworth. Thereafter, Mr. Ashworth organized the firm of Ashworth, Hayes & Moran, LLP. In 2006, the firm became known as Ashworth & Ashworth, LLP when Mr. Ashworth's daughter, Carissa Ashworth-Johnson became a partner.
Mr. Ashworth has arbitrated, mediated or litigated through trial more than four thousand cases during the past thirty years. More particularly, he has taken 41 jury trials to verdict. He acts as a Judge Pro Tem and panel Mediator for the Superior Court of California. He now devotes most of his time to mediation and ADR Solutions, his ADR office in Newport Beach, California.
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Intellectual Property
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- Brigham Young University (Bachelor of Science, 1972);
- Western State College of Law, Fullerton (JD, 1978)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Superior Court ADR Panel, 1988 - present.
- Judge Pro Tem, referee and mediator for the Superior Court, 1992 - present over 200 cases.
- Orange County Bar Association;
- Los Angeles County Bar Association;
- State Bar of California (Litigation Section)
- Orange County Superior Court Mediation Panel
- American Bar Association Mediation Section
- Straus Mediation Institute Graduate
- Who's Who in California, 1986
Please see our website for full details HERE