Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Arizona, Nevada, UtahOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Facilitation & Systems Design, Fact Finding, Mini-Trial Judge, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 1999
- Total Mediations (as of May 2019): 350
- Total Arbitrations (as of May 2019): 200
- LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY
Mr Bayard limits his ADR practice to construction disputes: 50% of his time is spent serving as Construction Arbitrator, Discovery Referee, or DRB member and 50% of his time is spent serving as Construction Mediator or Project Neutral. Mr. Bayard has handled everything small residential project disputes to multi-million dollar construction claims and construction defect disputes--on both public and private projects.
Mr. Bayard is the author of over forty (40) publications on Construction Law and Construction ADR topics. He has served as seminar participant or featured lecturer for the ABA, California State Bar, LACBA, AAA, and numerous construction industry and ADR organizations. He was an Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern California for twenty years, teaching "Construction Management and Technology" in USC's graduate Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) program. Seminars and publications include: “Ten Fundamentals for Mediating the Large, Complex Multi-Party Construction Dispute” (2010) in the Dispute Resolution Journal, “The Arbitration Roadmap” at the AAA Neutral’s International and National Conference (San Diego, 2009), “Sex, Drugs, and Construction ADR” for CLE International (San Francisco, 2010, 2009) (Los Angeles, 2008), “How to Advance Your Interests in Mediation: Getting to the Next Level,” AAA University Webinar (National Broadcast, 2008), and “Front & Center: Chairing an Arbitration” (2005) & “Thirty Steps to a Better Arbitration” (2004) in the Dispute Resolution Journal (both with Judith Ittig).
- Real Estate
- University of California, Berkeley (AB with Highest Honors, Phi Beta Kappa - 1976);
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., Associate Executive Editor, Hastings Law Journal - 1979).
Completed all of AAA basic and advanced Arbitrator and Mediator trainings. Attended AAA National and other ADR Retreats on an annual basis (2000 to present).
Frequent speaker on construction ADR subjects and innovations.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association (Construction Forum Committee and Section on Dispute Resolution)
- California State Bar, California Lawyers Association (Past Co-Chair, State Bar Construction Law Subsection)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section (Past Chair of Construction Law Subsection and Past Chair of Real Property Section).
- American Arbitration Association
- Chair, AAA Los Angeles Construction Advisory Subcommittee
- Member, AAA National Panel of Master Construction Arbitrators
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ARC)
- Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA)
- California Dispute Resolution Council (CDRC);
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services (DRS).
For Mediation & Arbitration rates, please view Printable PDF Resume above.